Athena PTS is an independent, privately-owned electrical engineering company, providing electrical advisory, design consultancy, project support, installation, contracting, and operation and maintenance services.
We operate in the renewable energy, marine electrical, nuclear, utilities and building industries.
- To undertake electrical engineering/system design, calculations, analysis, and research.
- To produce fully-detailed design documents (single line diagrams, spreadsheets, GA drawings, interface diagrams, etc), with clear, concise, and technically-correct detail.
To provide general technical support and assistance across the client base and to all members of the company throughout a project’s life cycle, from tendering and design development, through to commissioning, handover and subsequent operation and maintenance.
- Work closely with other team members to produce high-quality power systems studies.
- Power system network design and equipment specification, including protection considerations and safety justification.
- Preparation of initial electrical distribution system designs to support tender proposals.
- Provide broad technical support and advice to all members of the company.
- Carry-out grid connection assessments, designs, reviews, and applications.
- Review technical documents (specifications, reports, drawings, etc) to determine customer requirements.
- Write and review testing and commissioning procedures and undertake field-based commissioning activities.
- Attend and lead factory and site acceptance tests.
- Attend site meetings and surveys.
- Support the selection and procurement of electrical equipment.
- Support the selection, coordination, and management of specialist equipment suppliers.
- Degree level qualification in electrical engineering.
- Technically competent, with sound knowledge of electrical theory, power systems concepts, equipment, design, and construction.
- Experience/understanding of power system modelling software (IPSA, MATLAB, CDEGS, DIgSILENT, etc.) would be desirable.
- A very proactive, organised, and flexible approach to your work.
- Excellent report-writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Independent and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative.
- Reliable, disciplined, and able to work unsupervised in a high-pressure environment.
Please note: Whilst this listing relates to a ‘Graduate Power Systems Engineer’ position, we would also be keen to hear from individuals who are interested in project management or commercial management.
- Training and development opportunities
- Our salaries are competitive and reviewed annually
- Life insurance from the day you start
- A working environment that is dynamic, fast-moving and exciting
- Positive culture of health, safety and well-being.
- Operations are based in south-west Cumbria on the edge of the Lake District – a beautiful area of the UK with a long-standing tradition in engineering expertise.
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)