Find what drives you in a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We are currently looking for a Graduate Manufacturing Engineer with some industry experience to be based at our manufacturing site in Newquay! This is a fantastic opportunity that will provide you with training and growth opportunities across our manufacturing platform.
This person will focus on our Media Production Business Unit, which manufactures ships filtration membranes globally to Pall Life Sciences. This area of our business is currently going through an expansion program which aims to double the footprint of the Media business!
This opportunity allows you to make a positive difference to world, while working within the growing Life Sciences industry.
- Mentoring and supervising Technicians and Setters.
- Support production and resolve day to day issues through our Daily Management process using DBS to drive continuous improvement.
- Engineering responsibilities, support for membrane manufacture in key areas of the business producing quality critical products right first time.
- Ensure alignment to revenue and capital budgets through MUV tracking/execution, ensuring production lines are running effectively and ensuring project commitments are executed on-time & on-budget.
- Generate Production documentation improvements including Process Specifications, Training procedures and Maintenance Guidelines.
- Collaboration with suppliers as a point of contact to resolve technical, quality issues.
- Demonstrate analytical ability within a manufacturing environment of production line issues for Quality and Performance.
- Evaluate and quantify impact of production issues and generate/execute correction countermeasures.
- Lead and mentor manufacturing teams in problem solving manufacturing issues.
- Purchase and introduce new machinery using validation and process change control to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Implement cost savings to the Business via process improvements and waste reduction initiatives an identify areas in which engineering improvements can be made to increase quality, process/product efficiency and safety.
- Capital Project Management from initial feasibility through to successful completion and control.
- Work with production to identify priorities and ensure efficient product delivery.
- Work in partnership with subcontractors, vendors and multi-functional teams.
- Provide the communication interface between Machine, suppliers, production, engineering, R&D and Facilities departments.
- Ability to prepare & present statistical information with regard to Production Engineering issues to drive process and product improvements.
Qualifications & Proficiencies:
- Degree in Manufacturing, Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related field. With industry experience.
- Knowledgeable in field of Manufacturing Equipment.
- Competent IT skills, including Microsoft packages and AutoCAD.
- Understanding and working practice of lean tools and techniques – putting it into practice/understanding with successful implementation & sustainment of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Conversant with problem solving tools and techniques to drive improvement in manufacturing environment, driving to root cause and sustaining improvements.
- Experienced practitioner in TPM culture, engagement and improvement.
- Experience of SPC implementation and adoption to make data driven decisions.
- Knowledge and competency in the use of OEE to drive process improvement.
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)