Vantage Point is a leading Consultancy dealing with Top Investment Banks and Buy-Side Financial Services Businesses. Our areas of specialism include Process Engineering, Data Operations, Front-Back Office Operations, Regulatory Compliance and Risk.
We are focused on recruiting the brightest graduate talent. We hire people with passion that demonstrate that they have what it takes to succeed in the Financial Services industry. Through our experience we have created the Vantage Point Advantage Accelerator Programme, this unique Model delivers formal training, personal development and mentoring to create high calibre, highly skilled Change Professionals.
With a rapidly expanding client base, Vantage Point is looking to hire Product Control with a strong academic background in finance, mathematics or accountancy to join our ambitious and fast growing team. This will be a client-facing role (following a fast tracked training process). You will be working with one of our Investment Banking Clients in Warsaw and will be working on client site in Employed under our innovative AdVantage Accelerator Programme, this is a 18 month scheme.
- University degree in a accountancy, economics, finance, mathematics, data analysis,
- A real passion finance and wanting to work within Banking/Investment Banking
- Excellent communication skills (Must be Fluent in English) ability to generate ideas and execute them effectively
- The ability to organise time, learn quickly and work well under pressure
- Delivery focused and strong attention to detail
- An Analytical Mind
- Confident, Ambitious, Client focused attitude
- Strong entrepreneurial, analytical, quantitative and client relations’ skills.
- Eligibility to work in Poland at the time of starting employment. Please note, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
What You will DO
- Hone your accounting skills and advance your career as you undertake complex financial and accounting issues
- You’ll identify improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- This is an opportunity to enhance your skillset while opening doors for career progression
- As Product Controller, you’ll support the wider team in achieving objectives, project and process improvement initiatives, and collaborate with management in the review and challenge of team outputs. You’ll manage the calculations of statements and other financial reporting in line with business requirements, and work proactively with all internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
Through the course of your work, you’ll:
- Support with the resolution of all non-standard queries around processes performed
- Identify improvements in processes to obtain efficiencies and improve key controls
- Provide an accurate and timely service for the specific unit, while making sure that all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with SLAs
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with internal and external stakeholders, and work proactively with them to resolve any issue around the process performed
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, covering mainly revenue but also balance sheet
What we are offering:
- Training in Investment Banking business knowledge
- All relevant technical and analytical training
- A fantastic starting point for a career in Banking
- Dynamic and exciting environment
- Excellent experience
What are the benefits of joining Vantage Point?
Simul8 Graduate Academy
- Award-winning training in technical and soft skills in our “Simul8 Training Academy”, where you will learn how to effectively perform the role of a Graduate Consultant in a supportive environment.
A paid pathway into a thriving industry
- A paid graduate programme, with a sign-on bonus paid after successful completion of the 4 week training academy.
Kick starting your career
- Start at the top as we provide the opportunity to work with world-leading organisations, giving you a great starting point for a long term successful career.
Growth & Development
- Dedication to your career development journey and mentorship throughout your career
Ongoing Support & Guidance
- Dynamic and exciting environment where you will be fully supported to ensure your success
This program has a start date for the beginning of March 2023. We are recruiting on a rolling basis so please apply earlier for consideration. We look forward to receiving you application.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity then please apply!
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)