It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
A Logistics Technician is required for our established R&D and manufacturing site at Towcester, Northamptonshire. We are a Global leader in the design, development and manufacturer of innovative optical, photonic and electronic components, and with our expansion plans we require an additional Logistics Technician for the processing and movement of incoming goods.
The role will involve:
- Covering the transportation of chemicals around the Caswell site (key part of the role)
- Removing waste barrels from manufacturing areas (key part of the role)
- Operating the forklift truck (counterbalance truck)
- Processing incoming goods and delivery receipts
- Picking and dispensing stock items and general Stores duties
- Using Oracle/PROMIS as part of the booking in/out process and to check stock levels
- Regular cycle counting for consumables and finished goods
- Processing shipments out the building
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate
- Communication and team working ability
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of customer service as the position requires working closely with both internal and external parties
- Experience in a similar environment an advantage
- Forklift truck license (desirable)
- Knowledge of gases and chemicals (desirable)
- Reasonable level of fitness – some light manual handling activities may need to be performed
- Able to work outside in all weathers
- Well organised and focused on service delivery
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Good time keeping
We offer a competitive salary, Bonus, Pension, Private medical, Health cash plan, relocation allowance if appropriate and other benefits.
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)