What is the Opportunity?
Our Sensors department works on projects that cover the full product lifecycle from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes. The roles cover EletroOptic (EO) with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform technical investigations and provide problem assessments and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What will you be doing?
You will gain knowledge of sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.
Develop an understanding of infrared (IR), optical and laser-based sensors. You will gain an understanding in some of the following areas:
- The design and build of optical prototypes and the corresponding testing and evaluation.
- Research and Development of novel EO techniques and solutions.
- Modelling and simulation of the environment, target and sensor.
- Performance evaluation and subsystem specification.
- Support to MBDA UK systems that incorporate EO technology.
- Data capture using IR technology.
- Test and design of LASER based optical systems and Directed Energy Weapons (DEW).
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to our projects.
- Varied and stimulating work.
- On the job training about some of the various subsystems and technologies within MBDA.
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials.
- Thought provoking, innovative and rewarding projects.
- See projects at some of the different phases of the product lifecycle.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Work with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance.
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical departments as well as external customers and suppliers.
- Learn from a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers and physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience.
- Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary.
What are we looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in applied physics, electronics, engineering or any other related subjects.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects.
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement.
- Flexible working.
- Paid overtime.
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- Sporting activities.
- Fantastic site facilities.
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.