What’s the opportunity?
The primary role of the department is the aerodynamic design of missiles.
Joining the Aerodynamics department will give you the opportunity to work alongside a team of highly experienced engineers at the forefront of missile aerodynamics, and to be involved in high speed aerodynamics.
We have a broad range of multi-disciplinary skills and are involved in a wide range of activities, providing opportunities to work on the entire MBDA UK portfolio from concept phase, through maturation and development, to in-service support.
What will you be doing?
Get involved in designing the missiles of the future, learning to use cutting edge aerodynamic techniques with guidance and support from our team of aerodynamicists.
Undertake a placement giving exposure to the various aspects of the department. You will gain an understanding in some of the following areas:
- Stealth, propulsion, thermal and structural aspects and how they all feed in to a multi-disciplinary design approach.
- How we apply our bespoke software alongside commercial tools to evaluate the performance of airframes.
- Your analysis work could support missile integration onto land, naval and air platforms across the globe.
- Investigations into solid rocket motors and air-breathing engines and their impact on missile aerodynamics and overall performance.
- Design of a range of future missiles concept to be integrated onto the ‘Tempest’ air-superiority fighter
- You could apply these tools at different stages of missile development from conceptual designs to in-service design modifications.
Who and what are we looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in an aerospace engineering or other related subject
- A passion for aerodynamics and propulsion
- The ability to clearly communicate and present ideas including preparing technical presentations and reports.
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.