What’s the opportunity?
The Electronic department provides complex electronic solutions to meet the demanding needs of missile, launch platforms and other support equipment.
“We start at the requirements and develop architectures, these then follow into the detailed design phase (the actual circuit design) and then to the verification, validation and qualification of the hardware where we test the hardware to provide evidence that our designs do what we expect them to do (verification) and meet the customers’ requirements (Validation). We then carry out tests in extreme conditions to ensure the products will operate in the harsh conditions they have to survive in (Qualification).” Leo, Graduate.
The Undergraduate placement programme is an excellent starting point if you are considering a future Graduate scheme with us.
What will you be doing?
You will be assigned to an actual missile project and given real work that will form part of a missile system that will be brought in to service with armed forces around the world. The placement will be split in to two: the first you'll be embedded in our Missile Design team, who focus on the prime Missile Design and the second as part of our Test Systems team, who focus on designing the test solutions that test and prove our prime design.
- Complex circuit design (Analogue, Digital, FPGA etc.) for computers, Safety related products, datalinks, ground/firing equipment etc.
- Analogue and Digital circuit test techniques and circuit design;
- Microwave / RF test measurement techniques and design;
- Analysis and characterisation techniques.
- Test system design, testability of a design.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work with highly talented and experienced engineers from a large range of engineering disciplines.
- Develop and broaden technically and professionally within a respected company and multi-skilled team.
- Be mentored and coached by experienced engineers in the art of designing electronics for military products.
- All the training Schemes within Electronics Engineering are accredited with the IET. Registration at Eng. Tech level is a possibility for undergraduates who have 2+ Summer Industrial Placements. MBDA can help in achieving this registration during the Summer Placement period.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Work on all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex electronic products as part of the graduate scheme, as part of a dedicated team focussed on delivery and technical excellence
- Opportunities to collaborate with other engineering disciplines and exposure to working with multi-skilled engineering teams.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Motivated and committed with good organisational skills and an appetite for learning new skills.
- Interest in electronic engineering, technology, and engineering in general.
- Practical knowledge of common software languages (C/C++, VHDL, etc.) is beneficial but not essential.
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.