Morson Projects are now accepting applications year long aerospace and mechanical engineering internships to be based at our Manchester offices starting summer 2023.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, alongside highly qualified engineering teams who deliver capability and expertise across numerous engineering disciplines. The Morson Projects engineering team are currently engaged on high profile projects with BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce, Leonardo, Vertical Aerospace, Cobham and many more.
As an intern you will be working to support senior engineers on a range of projects within our Design and Stress teams.
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the design and analysis of new products and modifications
- Contributing to projects from initial concept stage through to manufacture
- Using industry standard software including CATIA V5 and MSc Nastran with training provided
- Working closely with both the Design the Stress teams
- Meeting project release targets and contributing to process improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Predicted grade of 2:1 or higher in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or STEM subject, preferably masters level
- Knowledge and qualifications with CAD and FEA packages would be beneficial to the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office software, experience with VBA and/or Python programming beneficial
- Previous industry placement or work experience would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of the projects worked on applicants must be British Citizens with the ability to be security vetted to UK SC level.
- Competitive Salary with Benefits:
- Hybrid Working
- Paid Overtime
- 26 days' holiday + bank holidays
- 4% pension contribution
- Payment of IMechE or similar application and membership fees
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)