We have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our Bottling Operations department at our Plaistow Wharf, West Silverton site.
We are Tate & Lyle Sugars, part of the ASR Group. Our companies have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal, and we are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Our nine refineries are found in five countries across the globe and collectively can produce more than six million tons of sugar. We also own and operate sugar mills in the United States, Mexico and Belize.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be will concentrating on improving packing line performance & reducing waste. Duties include:
- Using lean manufacturing or continuous improvement techniques to identify areas to improve line efficiencies & reduce waste.
- Monitoring line performance and identifying & communicating to both production & engineering departments the areas of focus.
- Participating in equipment/line upgrades and installations, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the required specification.
- Using your knowledge and experience and root cause analysis tools to avoid, anticipate and deal with issues impacting performance.
- A 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Royal Victoria Dock, Silvertown, London.
- Anticipation – ability to anticipate operational needs, issues and problems and be proactive in addressing such needs.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyse information and make deductions based on information.
- Computer proficiency – proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel & Visual Basic for Applications programming (preferred).
- Structured – well organised, with the ability to work in a structured, systematic way.
- Decision-making – smart, with the ability to think through issues and be decisive independently or as part of a team.
- Leadership – potential leadership capability and ability to engage people.
- Working independently & efficiently – ability to work independently with a diverse population and at different levels with the organisation.
- Ethics & integrity – high degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
Tate & Lyle Sugars is proud of our remuneration package, which includes:
- A generous compensation package.
- 26 days' annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- A 9% company contributed pension scheme.
- Great on-going training and career progression opportunities.
- Childcare vouchers.
- A season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme.
- A great life assurance scheme including income protection.
- Family friendly policies.
- Education sponsorship.
- An employee assistance programme.