Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains offer a 12 month Purchasing Placement scheme which will allow you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre alongside some of Formula 1’s best talent and have a direct influence on the performance of the team.
In Purchasing we enable and directly influence the pace of technology development and the transference of this to the road or track by creating and managing a dynamic and responsive external direct and indirect supply chain. We achieve this by ensuring the quality, delivery and cost of all goods and services meet the business needs by working collaboratively across the business to execute the sourcing of all parts and services, delivering them on time and to specification.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with exposure to multiple areas within the business and the potential to experience first-hand multiple aspects of Purchasing.
During your time on the scheme you will have the opportunity to;
- Experience the supply chain cycle from new design concept to race, raising orders, expediting deliveries, managing the supply chain and driving supplier performance improvements
- Assist in providing innovative solutions and manage relationships with external suppliers and internal customers
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to help define HPP’s sourcing strategy, having a real input in how we identify and source our future needs
- Be involved with supplier negotiations; including preparation and documentation
- Experience working cross functionally with Engineering, Programme Management, Quality, Build, Test, Manufacturing, Facilities, IT and Finance
- Work closely with our highly skilled engineers as part of the purchasing process in support of Power Unit build for test and race
- Develop your capability and wider understanding of how company governance impacts the supply chain
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to thrive in a fast paced environment
- You will be on track to achieve a 2: 1 degree, or above, in an Engineering, Science/Technology, Economics or Business Studies degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level disciplines, for example business studies, economics, maths or sciences, (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent communicator and able to build relationships at all levels including up to Managing Director level, internally and externally
- A conscientious and professional approach to work
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- An adaptable approach which will enable you to develop your skills
- An enthusiastic approach and a willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
What can we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career and to develop into a Technical Buyer or a wider Operations Management role.
Our benefits package includes:
A salary of £20,000pa
Company lease car scheme
36 days' annual leave
Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)