We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Maritime business.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With a talent force more than 78,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction and program management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
Jacobs has been a leading international multi-disciplinary consultancy firm, specializing in maritime design for over 140 years. We are a global leader in the engineering, planning, design and construction management of maritime structures, ports, harbours and coastal schemes.
Ranked Number 1 in the EMR rankings for Marine and Port Facilities, we have over 500 specialist maritime engineers with world class skill and experience in marine design and specification.
We specialise in all aspects of maritime construction, including planning, design, and construction supervision work and continue to be at the forefront of innovation by developing the infrastructure required for the safe, efficient, sustainable and cost-effective operation of today’s facilities.
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Maritime business, hence if you would like to be part of a world class international consultancy and want to learn from the very best in the industry please get in touch.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Graduate Maritime Engineer you will:
- Work within one of our dynamic and innovative teams to assist industry experts in order to deliver safe and robust technical solutions.
- Work on both domestic (UK based) and international projects for a large range of clients who own, operate or construct marine facilities.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues of all levels both in the UK and abroad.
- Assist in the development of detailed design solutions of maritime structures, such as breakwaters, jetties, shipyards etc.
- Carry out structural design and assessment calculations both by hand and using the latest industry computer software packages.
- Assist with site based structural inspections.
- Contribute to the production of client deliverables such as design reports and/or calculation packages.
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents, bills of quantities and specifications.
- Assist Project Managers and Project Controllers to plan, manage and deliver projects using the latest BIM and other collaboration software and protocols.
- Work closely with peers and mentors to plan and develop your career after graduation in order to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
- You will hold or be in your final year of working towards an accredited minimum level 2:1 MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- An interest in Port and Maritime engineering.
- The drive and motivation to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce well-presented reports.
- Proven team working skills and a strong customer focus.
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office) and aptitude to learning new analysis programmes.
Desired, but not essential
- Relevant work experience.
- Membership with a professional institution (Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers etc).
- Willingness to travel abroad for short duration business trips and project missions.
- Some ability in the use of Structural Analysis software.