The asset management team require a graduate in our York office with a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research or similar and an interest in data analytics to assist them with:
- Importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modelling asset data with the purpose of making inferences for decision or management purposes.
- Presenting data in charts, tables or written reports including the design and development of interactive dashboards.
- Collaborative engagement with engineers, designers and other industry professionals to develop solutions and agree outputs.
- Check, review or verify data, dashboards, models and reports.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and document new analytic methodologies in collaboration with Asset Management Project Lead.
- Assist in the development of analytical techniques, comparative analyses and modelling processes as needed.
- Maintain current, relevant knowledge of respective asset data systems used within industry.
- Creation of bespoke dashboards, infographics, presentations and other materials that visually disseminate findings in an accessible manner.
- Provide consultative support and responses to requests for information from internal and external Clients.
- Present, engage and support external Clients during the delivery of products.
- 2.1 degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research or a similar numerate subject.
- Ability to solve complex problems using advanced Excel skills.
- Some experience with data analytics and manipulation.
- High standard on written and oral communication.
- Awareness of VBA, SQL, Python, R+ and similar
- Graphic design
- Knowledge of Rail or other industry
- Wide understanding of mathematical techniques including but not exclusive to (Reliability, Block Diagrams, Fault Tree Analysis, Hypothesis testing, Multi-variate analysis, Optimisation, Markov Chain)
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career.
Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management.
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays.
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.