Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
Business Unit Description:
With more than fifty years of Nuclear experience, Jacobs has unrivalled nuclear capability and provides full life-cycle solutions to our nuclear clients. Services include programme and project management, design and engineering, reactor support, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance, (radioactive) waste management, decommissioning and clean-up.
We have consistently delivered value and innovation to technically challenging and complex nuclear and environmental-related projects by offering multidisciplinary capabilities, technical expertise, proven processes and a commitment to regulatory compliance, health, safety and quality workmanship.
- Work as part of the project engineering teams to assist in safely delivering projects to time, cost, quality & scope.
- Assist in developing and executing effective delivery strategies and plans in line with the overall Project Execution Plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed.
- Assist in developing specifications and project work packages.
- Maintain effective communications with all Stakeholders.
- Participate in Health and Safety inspections of work/construction sites.
- Assist in Quality inspections.
- Engineering Degree qualified, all STEM disciplines considered.
- Appreciation of Safety as a number one priority in project engineering delivery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and professional approach.
- Problem solving and the ability to work within a dynamic team.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and confident, with an appetite to learn and personal focus on delivery/getting things done.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communications skills & interpersonal skills, including questioning for clarification and establishing of facts, observation and active listening.
- Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes,
- Clear decision-making ability with the acumen to judge complex situations & assess when to escalate issues.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Fluent English – written & verbal.
- Understanding of the UK nuclear industry; including Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental factors.
- Formal project management qualification - PMQ preferable (APMP-level D).
- Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
- French language – written & verbal.
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP).
Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment.
We also offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time.
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management.
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays.
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.