We are still recruiting for places starting in September 2020.
Prior experience in a school is not required prior to interview, but if you have been able to gain experience in schools, providers might find reports from those schools helpful. Equally, if you believe you have other transferrable experience, such as volunteering, you should share this.
- There is no requirement for a face-to-face interview. These can take place electronically, ideally by Skype or similar. Documentation such as degree and GCSE certificates may be scanned and sent electronically.
- If you are eligible for a bursary/scholarship/student finance, this is still available to you. The information in the Funding My Training section of the website remains valid.
If you’re thinking about becoming a teacher, you’ve come to the right place. We can provide a comprehensive programme of support and guidance throughout the application process. Our services are completely free and designed to provide you with tailored advice on a career in teaching.
Why become a teacher?
Teaching is a rewarding profession, in more ways than one.
- You’ll get the opportunity to inspire the next generation.
- You could get a tax-free bursary of up to £26,000, or be awarded a prestigious scholarship of up to £28,000, to support you throughout your training year.
- Earn a competitive salary of at least £24,373 (nationally) or £30,480 (inner London)
- You’ll receive up to 13 weeks' holiday allowance.
If you are interested in teaching, you can take advantage of a free, one-to-one support service provided by Teaching.
You’ll get your own dedicated adviser, an experienced teacher – who knows the application process inside out – who is on hand to give you any help you need.
Find out more about becoming a teacher on our Medium blog.
If you would like to find out more or to register for further information, visit the Teaching website.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
A Gradcracker advertiser for at least five years - ideal for your Follow shortlist!