Job Role Summary:
This position is responsible for the provision of environmental support to the SNS onshore and offshore operations. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with UK QSHE legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and best practice. Key requirement is the flexibility to travel to offshore locations for 1-2 weeks.
Our environmental specialists support operations, wells, exploration, project teams or government agencies by:
- Assisting in the development of permits submissions to the regulator.
- Assisting in the internal audit program for compliance with ISO14001.
- Managing the review of the sites environmental aspects and impacts registers.
- Updating the Perenco Environmental Performance Improvement Plan (PEPIP).
- Developing and managing small projects to completion to support environmental improvements.
- Maintaining Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPs).
- Working with facilities management to develop office environmental awareness programs.
- Assisting in updating relevant environmental procedures as per periodic review or as and when required.
- Shadowing HSE Advisors offshore and supporting them with the environmental requirements.
- Training the workforce on specific issues.
- Lead on the compiling of the Corporate Environmental Report for the team.
- Support the Occupational Health and Hygiene Lead in delivery of health monitoring on PUK sites.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses (3 year program):
- NEBOSH National Environmental Diploma.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Radiation Protection Awareness.
- Oil Spill Response Level 3.
- Oil and Gas Industry Awareness CBT.
- Management of Change CBT.
Qualifications: BEng or BSc in engineering or applied sciences field is mandatory, Preferably MSc.
Experience: Software knowledge MS Office (Word/Excel mandatory).
Personal Attributes: Self-driven, ability to prepare technical reports and letters, working to deadlines, organised and methodical, ability to interact with other teams within PUK.