About The Role
Our Graduate Development Programme is a two-year learning programme with an aim to develop well-rounded specialist graduates in a chosen business area. You are a permanent employee from day one and have a real opportunity to make an impact at CALA through executive sponsored projects as well as completing two rotations across the wider business.
You will be given the learning opportunities to develop your core skills and help set you up for success, as well as having a dedicated mentor and support from the wider business.
The programme includes:
- A formal induction
- Classroom and virtual sessions covering key stages in the construction lifecycle, and key business skills such as commercial awareness and influencing
- Interactive group projects working with a number of other graduates in disciplines across the business allowing you to build a strong network
- Networking opportunities with senior managers and peers
- One-to-one support from line managers, mentors, recent graduates, and industry professionals
- Charity fundraising opportunities
The start date for the graduate programme is the 5th September 2022.
CALA Homes (South Home Counties) are currently looking for a Technical Graduate to join our team based in our fabulous new collaborative Dorking office.
As a Technical Graduate, you will join our Technical team which provides Architectural/Engineering expertise to remain market leaders in the product we provide. The Technical team work closely with the Land and Planning Teams initially assessing the suitability of a potential site, they then coordinate and manage the process of detailed design and finally support their Construction and Sales colleagues during the building and sales phase of the projects. This role is extremely interesting and offers unrivalled variety and will see the successful candidate witness and learn the whole process of volume residential development. You will see a project from the initial site selection stage through the concept and details design stages and all the way through to the result, delivery of a vibrant and sustainable community.
To join the Technical Team as a Technical Graduate, you should have a degree in a building related subject (Architectural, Engineering or Project Management related) as well as excellent attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to confidently inform others within the business in your area of expertise.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Developing and reviewing design proposals
- Coordinating and managing the design process
- Checking design information
- Attending meetings
- Liaising with department team, projects teams, consultants, approval bodies, statutory providers as well as internal and external customers
- Selecting consultants, contractors and suppliers for design, survey, or product information
- Gaining all relevant approvals
- Supporting internal customers (Build and Sales teams)
- Coordinating specification
- Managing design related costs
- Coordinating CDM requirements
- Providing research and development for both changing legislation and product selection etc.
- Autocad proficient
- Microsoft suite proficient (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Knowledge of current building regulations
- Familiar with differing construction techniques
- Project management experience
- Problem solving ability
- Team spirit
- Personable and strong communicator
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Be well planned and organised
- join the Technical Team as a Technical Graduate (Architectural) you should have an Architectural degree as well as excellent attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to confidently inform others within the business in your area of expertise.
Our early talent programmes have the following recruitment process:
- Apply online with your CV
- Video interview via Teams with our Early Talent Manager
- Virtual Discovery Day, which consists of a group exercise, a discipline specific presentation which will be given to you in advance, and a discipline specific interview
Our graduate salary starts from £25,000 per annum. Please note, this may vary by location where the living cost is higher.
Rewards and Benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Virtual GP
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Generous Holiday Allowance (including holiday buy/sell and carry forward options)
- Personal Development
... and much more!
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)