The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager (or equivalent) in all commercial and contractual aspects of the projects.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Assist in the preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Manager and any other reports which may be required.
- Prepare Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Prepare Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Preparation of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
- Assist in the identification and substantiation of Compensation Events/variations, etc.
- Identifying commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
- To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly maintaining records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
- To utilise internal costing system to help improve cost control and financial/commercial reporting and utilise the system to its full potential.
- To strictly follow all relevant Group Procedures.
- Implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
- Review the agreed system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
- Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
- Re measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Attend internal financial meetings as and when required.
- Preparation of project final accounts
- Undertake any other work as required of you.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification (construction related)
- CSCS (White / Gold Card)
- Full driving license.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)