A vacancy has arisen for an Electronics Engineer working in the Electronics Engineering department at the Denham site. The role holder will be responsible for generating a broad range of electronic design concepts in line with customer requirements and in line with the engineering specification, including associated international standards, military standards and MBA requirements. It also requires the production of commercially viable detailed electronic layouts.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Participate in design coordination activities with other disciplines and design personnel as required.
- Producing specifications derived from internal requirements and related documents, to provide a high level of decomposition and traceability.
- Conduct trade studies into potential engineering solutions, using hand calculations and modelling techniques.
- Carry out performance calculations, using hand calculations, spreadsheets and specific software packages as required.
- Produce top level system schematics from which detailed parts may be developed.
- Produce a variety of detailed design and verification reports as requested
Qualifications & skills
- 2.1 / 1st degree-qualified in an Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in electronic design software.
- MS Office (suite of applications).
- Good problem solving/investigative skills and data analysis skills.
- Highly IT literate.
Knowledge & experience
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience of electronic design output ideally gained from within mechanical and/or aeronautical engineering or related industry.
- Broad commercial and financial understanding.
- Strong analytical ability and logical thinking.
- Knowledge and application of Aerospace / Defence or similar design.
- Thorough expertise in US/UK electronic standards.
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods.
- Creation and delivery of presentation work.
- Track record of innovative designs.