About the role
To carry out all engineering activities in support of new and existing projects as designated by the Principal Engineers in line with customer and company expectations.
- To efficiently and effectively perform various engineering activities including but not limited to: conceptual design, circuit hardware/software design, component selection, analysis/calculations, BoM generation, prototyping, design verification and qualification, commissioning, report generation, configuration control and post development tasks,
- To work independently and/or within a team to support programmes led by senior members of staff in both R&D privately-funded and customer-driven projects,
- To support the Principal Engineers in generating programme plans in response to customer and project requirements and ensure that allocated resources are utilised and cost budgets are adhered to,
- To ensure that activities and projects are delivered within the agreed timelines,
- To promote good engineering practices and ensure that those practises are always carried out to the highest standards,
- To provide a high level of customer service and where appropriate to act as a customer liaison to other members of the team and other departments,
- To promote and develop good working relationships within engineering and all internal and external customers,
- To support Engineering teams and other departments with tasks as and when necessary,
- To research and promote design improvements, cost reductions, new materials, better components and design techniques.
- Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical.
- Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical – Power Electronics.
- A solid foundation in analogue principals and analogue design.
- An appreciation of EMC/EMI, how it is generated and how it is controlled.
- Some experience with schematic capture and PCB layout using CAD.
- Ability to simulate electronics circuits using a computer simulation tool.
- Ability to prioritise and determine your own workload based on high level objectives.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience, working with power electronics and/or analogue electronics – including placement experience.
- A good understanding of different switch mode topologies, how they work and the different benefits and limitations of each topology.
- An ability to programme and code Microcontrollers in C.
- An understanding of configuration control in designs.
- An ability to carry out Root Cause Analysis down to component level.
The company offers a friendly working atmosphere and competitive salaries with benefits including:
- Health Care Cash Plan (available after 1 year of service)
- Contributory Pension Scheme for eligible employees
- Employee Assistance Programme (available after 1 year of service)
- 24 days' holiday (in addition to UK bank and public holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking
- Early finish on Fridays (1.00pm)