We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one: encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
What will you be doing?
- Support, coordination and management of specific daily tasks and longer term projects.
- Co-ordination and steering of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Support and implementation of quality improvements through the problem management process (PMP).
- Analysis of data sets to give transparency to the existing target environment with a view to offering improvement opportunities.
- Supporting new vehicle projects with administration, reporting and steering of quality concerns.
- Supporting the implementation of Quality related processes to ensure product improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
- You need to be a student in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Automotive Engineering studies.
- Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Systems and or Quality Systems.
- Ideally you will have a good knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Able to communicate in the English language; German would be beneficial.
- You need to be able to work independently within the management team, have the ability to organise yourself and work in a team environment.
- You will be required to work from your own initiative taking projects and tasks from concept through to a complete and implemented solution.
- Strong PC skills and a good working knowledge of MS Office.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £18,500, 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)