This is a unique opportunity to join Starlizard based in Camden, London. We have been at the forefront of football betting for over 10 years and we’re world renowned as the leader in our field. Through a combination of innovative research, analytical thought and a constant desire to question and improve, we maintain our position at the forefront of the sports betting market.
We work in small agile teams delivering work in sprints. Successful candidates should have a desire to work in a collaborative team environment and to pair on their work and engage in team sessions. We are passionate about code quality and so employ TDD as standard.
You will be mostly working on greenfield projects as we update and improve our betting technology. This new development will deliver systems with a high frequency, reliable micro service based back end and web based front-end technology stack. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our users to allow you to develop high performance, functionally rich systems which deliver on their evolving needs.
- The design, development, and delivery of new features on our RESTful API and related services.
- Collaborate with the broader development community within Star Lizard on key greenfield React projects such as live in-running betting screens written in REACT.
- Engage in the entire product development cycle to understand business objectives and create intuitive highly responsive screens for our business users.
- Contribute, design and define acceptance tests.
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Web Technologies (Restful Api’s, WebSockets).
- Experience of high frequency and highly responsive systems.
- High availability technologies and concepts.
- Deployment automation and build environments (Bamboo, Jenkins, Octopus, Docker).
- Distributed Systems.
- Event driven architectures.
- Embrace an agile approach e.g. XP techniques, and CI & CD.
- Generalist skills – can pick the right tool for the job.
- Show passion in your work and share your ideas with your team.
- You believe in teams having control and responsibility for their own applications.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with event streams and event sourcing (EventStore, Kafka, NoSQL).
- Messaging Technologies.
- Server Side OO / FP Languages, preferably C# and F# (or the desire to learn these languages).