This person will work with the betting teams to continuously improve our overall performance and to assist the team in making better decisions based on data analysis. There are key areas and projects already set out but this person will be likely to increase the number and scale of these once in situ.
- Manage and process large amounts of data to spot patterns.
- Perform QA analysis.
- Connect to a range of different databases; retrieve disparate data sets; then join and augment them into relevant human consumable formats.
- Use SQL and Python to manipulate large datasets and produce meaningful patterns and recommendations.
- Produce comprehensive reports identifying findings / observations and conclusions / recommendations.
- Forge close relationships with the betting team and other analysts to work collaboratively towards common goals and continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree in numerical or analytical subject.
- Experience in programming using Python and familiar with SQL.
- Basic knowledge of betting or financial markets.
- Good communication skills.
- Interest in the nature of the business and working actively to identify areas of improvement.
- Experience of working within a commercial environment with changing priorities.
- Able to manage a range of projects and the associated prioritisation.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Masters/PhD in numerical subject.
- Experience with statistical modelling such as regression and machine learning.
- Experience in analysing and summarising large data sets.
- Programming experience with R.