At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2020 and beyond we are searching for Graduate Engineers (Site based) to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2020 intake. We have opportunities working on the Advance Plus framework based within the North West region. In most cases you will start your journey on one of our construction sites where you will gain experience and training in the management and construction of one of our projects.
Throughout the programme you will have the opportunity to work on all stages of the project including design.
Working within a specific framework/alliance, you will support the project delivery teams by providing assistance in the following;
- Assisting the project team to help drive projects forward
- Setting out and management of site operations, to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production and customer satisfaction
- Writing method statements and risk assessments, and procuring sub-contractor, labour, plant and material resources.
- Ensuring actions are carried out at the right time, by the right people and to a controlled budget
- Develop key relationships with clients, design teams, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to giving you the support you need to be the very best. In return you can expect the following;
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments.
- A mentor dedicated to you to support and guide your development.
- Opportunity to work on diverse projects where you can make a real difference to the world we live in.
- Continuous improvement and professional development.
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts.
- Responsibility for your own achievements.
- The tools and support you need to realise your ambitions including achieving professional status with the relevant professional institution.
- Engineering related degree in either Civil, Mechanical or Construction Management (minimum 2.2)
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices and sites. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or in the process of taking their driving test.