At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2020 and beyond we are searching for Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2020 intake, based in the North West region for our Advance Plus framework.
Working within the commercial team you will support the commercial manager by providing assistance in the following;
- Administrating our contracts and issuing the correct contractual notices
- Producing integrated cost forecasts for projects
- Managing commercial issues related to withheld, disputed or disallowed costs
- Assisting with resolution of disputes and learning negotiation strategies
- Assisting with subcontract preparation following procurement
- Assessing interim and final accounts
- Pricing additional and varied works.
We know our continuing success and development depends on yours, so we go all the way when it comes to giving you the support you need to be the very best. In return you can expect the following;
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments.
- A mentor dedicated to you to support and guide your development.
- Opportunity to work on diverse projects where you can make a real difference to the world, we live in.
- Continuous improvement and professional development.
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts.
- Responsibility for your own achievements.
- The tools and support you need to realise your ambitions including achieving professional status with the relevant professional institution.
- Preferably a degree in Quantity Surveying but we will consider other RICS accredited degrees (minimum 2.2)
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or in the process of taking their driving test.