M Billingham manufactures camera, leisure, binocular and laptop bags in Cradley Heath, United Kingdom. To automate a manual superglue-adhesive application process, Billingham has invested in a Techman TM5 collaborative robot to run gluing applications using integrated vision system to locate, detect work-piece and dispense superglue adhesive automatically.
A role has become available for the Robotics (Automation) engineering intern, primarily with having knowledge of programming collaborative robots. As a Robotic Programmer you will be required to program and test Techman TM5 collaborative robot, integration to dispensing system, and programming integrated vision system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Successful candidate will be competent with most collaborative robotic manufacturer’s equipment (Universal, Techman Robots).
- Possess the ability to program Techman TM5 cobot for superglue-adhesive dispensing and application.
- Examine and program TM5 integrated vision system to locate work-piece and detect stitched patterns automatically.
- Responsible for all programming activities as well as assisting robotic tasks to completion.
Skills and experience
- Educated to, or working towards a relevant Engineering degree in Robotics, Automation, and manufacturing background - Essential
- Analytical thinker with a practical approach to problem solving – Essential
- Possess a thorough knowledge of collaborative robot programming, motion planning and tasks including,
- Interference and reach validation
- Cycle time reports
- Robot paths
- Set up I/O structures, robot start-up, and fieldbus networks
- Ability to program and debug Techman collaborative robot and integrated machine vision software/hardware - Essential
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and seek help when needed - Essential
- Ability to analyse and interpret results - Desirable
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.