This is an exciting entry position for a graduate with enthusiasm to learn all the technical aspects of media and broadcast. You should have strong problem-solving skills, an eagerness to learn and a passion for media and broadcast.
Working in a dynamic environment within the technical team you will be focused on supporting the company’s technical infrastructure in relation to video and streaming, taking responsibility for any faults that occur, identifying the root cause and resolving them as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure the needs of our clients are continually met.
If you think you are up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
- Experience – 0 to 24 months (no more than 2 years)
- Pro-active and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Reactive to problems arising and finding a cure to the problem
- Able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Ability to multi-task handling day-to-day tasks as well as support issues
- Able to use helpdesk support tools and deal with reported issues
- Occasional late nights and out of hours work
- Comfortable being part of out of hours on-call rota
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite.
Technical skills and duties:
- Carry out R & D and testing to resolve current technical issues
- Set up file-based transcoding workflows using leading hardware and software tools
- Set-up on the fly transcoding workflows using software
- Produce technical documentation
- 1st line hardware support and component swap out for all media and broadcast equipment
- 1st line systems support
- Widen knowledge of transcoding, compression, file formats and wrappers (MPEG, h.264, MXF etc.)
- Communicate and work with 3rd party support contractors at a technical level.
- A degree in either Computer Science or IT
- Experience in a broadcast environment is a plus!
- Starting salary range £20k to £24k
- Workplace Pension Scheme.