We know the application process can be daunting. Our tips are aimed to help make the journey a little easier.
The kind of person we're looking for:
- Someone who is clever and enjoys engaging their brain
- Someone who takes responsibility and thinks for themselves
- Someone who wants to join in - who will work well as part of a team and will contribute to the firm as a whole
- Someone that understands that a law firm is a people-based business and has good communications skills
- Someone who is passionate about a career in the law
- Someone who wants to succeed but not at the expense of their colleagues.
On our application form:
- Fill in your application form carefully - we do care about typos, poor grammar and punctuation
- Tailor your application form to us - your application should demonstrate why you have chosen to apply to Bristows rather than looking like one of 50 applications you have submitted to any city law firm
- Let your form give a flavour of you as a person - you don't need to go over the top trying to sell yourself
- Get your form in on time - we can tell when an application form has been rushed and submitted at the last minute, so give yourself the best chance and prepare your application form early.
Here’s a more detailed guide to putting together a well-researched application: