Rail-Ability Ltd, established in 1998, has become the industry leader in the design, development and manufacturer of bespoke road rail plant machinery. Our award-wining products are renowned for their inbuilt safety, reliability and performance by a world-wide customer base.
As a talented mechatronics engineer you will be at the heart of developing and integrating our cutting-edge control systems into the next-generation of products.
Your business as usual will be doing one or all of these:
- Work with our hugely passionate mechatronics, development and designs teams, reporting to our chief engineer while being mentored on a tailored career progression programme.
- Develop control systems hardware and software from concept through simulation and final sign off, including application code for PLC and HMI devices.
- Continually challenge yourself to solve application and integration issues as we continually advance our product portfolio and specifications.
- Identify electrical, control and instrumentation design requirements, performing in the field testing and collecting and analysing real world data. Commission and calibrate control and instrumentation systems.
- Adhere to company and product compliance requirements, including functional safety, translating these into system specification and bench marking system performance against specification.
The Ideal Candidate
- Mechatronic or electronic control systems studied as part of a relevant engineering degree.
- Specialised in mechatronics and electronic control systems in final years of study.
- Experience with software packages such as CODESYS, MATLAB/Simulink, Solidworks
- Understanding of PLC and/or higher-level programming languages
- Familiar with Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Appreciation for functional safety of mobile machines
Rail-Ability offers a highly competitive benefits package; flexible working hours; homeworking option; free on-site parking; mentoring and training programmes; staff discount at partnered restaurants.
Hours of work are 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
You have a chance to make a real contribution in a very successful and ambitious business.