This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the South coast, with international reach. We are looking for a highly capable, enthusiastic and personable individual to join our team. We are specifically seeking a Graduate Engineer; either recently or soon to be graduated with knowledge of the following: C/C++, System Verilog, UVM, Python or Matlab, to contribute to the development of IP, system and board solutions within our product portfolio. This is a hands-on role, which will play an important part in the growth of AccelerComm and its product portfolio.
- Contribute and eventually take responsibility for the successful and timely delivery of portions of projects by providing technical capabilities and skills, in RTL design, Software development, implementation and verification
- Collaborate with colleagues on the micro-architecture, verification test plan, design, development, verification, SoC physical implementation, FPGA implementation and documentation of our IP
- Develop RTL implementations of our IP, using SystemVerilog
- Develop Software Implementations of IP, using C/C++ and Matalb
- Develop test benches for RTL implementations of electronics systems for communication, using SystemVerilog, SystemC and DPI
- Actively engage with and adhere to AccelerComm engineering methodology, processes and design techniques and be able to offer improvements to improve efficiency and quality of design and product
- Be willing to work in different areas of the AccelerComm development team to expand knowledge across multiple disciplines.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Degree qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience in digital design in one or more of the following areas: Software, ASIC or FPGA
- Experience of some EDA tools for simulation and synthesis (eg. QuestaSim, Synopsys VCS and Verdi, Intel Quartus, Xilinx Vivado)
- Knowledge of an RTL language (VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, TCL)
- Knowledge of a Software language (C/C++, Matlab) targeting x86 or Arm
- Technical documentation writing – report writing
- Knowledge of communications signal processing algorithms (ideally error correction, equalisation, channel estimation, beamforming or another baseband component)
- Appreciation of mobile communications systems
- Experience of logic equivalency checking tools – Formality/Conformal
- Understanding of version control systems such as Git, Perforce etc. to enable advanced version control techniques
- Understanding of AXI interfacing (AXI MM, AXILite and AXI Streaming) and understanding of RTL implementation of these interfaces
- Experience of developing code for a ‘home project’ as part of a hobby
- Must be personable, highly capable, motivated, enthusiastic and innovative
- Should have some experience of relevant industry tools, techniques and technology
- Should be a supportive team player, willing to learn from technical leads and senior engineers, open to new ideas and new ways of working
- Should be presentable and with the commitment to build long term viable relationships with all stakeholders
- Good communication skills – written, presentational and verbal
- Have a passion for writing code, mathematics, and engineering.