About the Global Business: Celebrating our 80 year anniversary in 2014, Japan’s pioneering photographic film maker, Fujifilm has leveraged its imaging and information technology to become a global presence known for innovation in healthcare, graphic arts, optical devices, highly functional materials and other high technology products.
We use leading-edge, proprietary technologies to provide top-quality products and services that contribute to the advancement of culture, science, technology and industry, as well as improved health and environmental protection in society.
Anchored by an open, fair and clear corporate culture and with leading-edge, proprietary technologies, Fujifilm is determined to remain a leading company by boldly taking up the challenge of developing new products and creating new value.
About FujiFilm Locally: Fujifilm Speciality Ink Systems Ltd (FSIS) is part of the Fujfilm Ink Solutions Group which is comprised of 3 companies, based on sites across the UK, USA and India.
FSIS Ltd has a manufacturing site in Broadstairs with an R&D Engineering Facility (FCEF) in Cambridge. The R&D functions based in Broadstairs and Cambridge support manufacturing and commercial projects.
Sales and Marketing are provided through Fujifilm Ink Solution Group’s dedicated resource.
This job's purpose is to provide support to integration engineers in the design, construction and understanding of practical processes that result in optimal print performance, and to carry out agreed experimental work, document, analyse and communicate subsequent results to ensure efficient progression of technical studies and development projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The job holder responds to either the Integration Manager or a Senior Integration Engineer or Senior Technologist and is responsible for the following key deliverables:
- To be able to demonstrate a proficient level of technical skills, knowledge and techniques.
- To ensure effective recording and communication of results.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To contribute to discussions that further both technology and process development.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the facility
The job role involves 4 principal tasks: system development, leadership, training and mentorship, and communication and relationship development. The responsibility associated with each is outlined below:
- Under the direction of their manager, plans and carries out lab work to further development of new systems and processes in line with agreed business strategy.
- Ensures all assigned work and recording and reporting of data is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- Establishes the root cause of problems and proposes solutions
- Identifies new processes and sub-systems
- Ensures all activities comply with company health and safety guidelines.
- Works to defined objectives and seeks guidance where necessary
- Contributes to the direction of the team
- Ensures high laboratory standards with respect to health, safety, environment and quality in all activities.
- Contributes to health, safety, environmental and continuous improvement activities.
- Contributes to the smooth running of the facility
Training and mentorship
- Enthusiastically learns new practical skills.
- Guides and positively influences others within the team.
- Continues with own personal development.
Communication and relationship development
- Maintains strong positive relationships within own and wider R&D team.
- Builds effective networks of contacts internally.
The Integration Engineer Intern will maintain strong positive relationships within own and the wider R&D team.
Experienced with working in a laboratory/workshop/engineering environment, possessing software competency to implement CAD designs and to control hardware sequencing using LabView.
Enthusiastic, creative, dynamic and practically minded showing good attention to detail. Has the capability and self-motivation to assist with the investigation of new ideas in order to help expand the product portfolio in line with business strategy.
- Undergraduate in their penultimate year of study working towards a minimum of a 2:1 in an Engineering (or Engineering related) degree.
- Have legal authorisation to work in the United Kingdom without company sponsorship (we do not sponsor any type of visa for this placement)
- Qualification specialism to assist business objectives
- Programming, design or control software experience (e.g. C#, CAD, LabView, etc.)
- Excellent data interrogation, documentation and presentation skills
- Awareness of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Self-motivated, has great attention to detail, is adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Engineering laboratory/workshop experience
- R&D experience and an understanding of product development
- Experience within surface coatings industry or similar field
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
Key Competencies for this role:
- Rational persuasion – building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking.
- Analytical Thinking - Organises data logically, interprets data from a variety of sources and draws logical conclusions Identifies a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, in analysing a situation or making a decision
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Thoroughness in completing work and achieving accuracy
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the capability to interact with people at all levels.
- Self-motivated, independent and tenacious individual who performs effectively under conditions of heavy workload and change
- Proactive learner - seeks knowledge to fill experience gaps
Duration: 12 months (4th Sept 2023 – 1st Sept 2024)
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)