Skanska is one the UK’s top construction companies. We are building, upgrading, and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you will play an important role in assisting with procurement, estimating, subcontract management and change management to deliver complex rail, highway, utilities or building projects across Skanska.
What you’ll do:
- Help minimise the costs of a project to ensure profitability and risk mitigation
- Build relationships and negotiate with trade contractors and client representatives
- Support the preparation and completion of site measurement and records, day work sheets, labour and plant returns
- Procure trade contract packages, including completing detailed tender analysis and preparation of tender and contract documents
- Assist with the procurement of sub-contract packages
- Work within the projects commercial team and have responsibility in measuring and quantifying works for cost plan validation, completing interim and final account valuations
- Prepare contractual documents including preparing scopes and sub-contract warranties
Projects and locations:
You will be based on one of our projects in the UK. Example locations include:
- HS2 in London
- Anglian Water in Peterborough
- Building projects in London or Bristol
- Infrastructure projects across the West Midlands, Bedfordshire and other regions
Please state your preferred regions in your application.
Who you are:
- Studying towards or having completed a degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or similar
- Values driven, passionate about sustainability and building for a better society
- Enthusiastic to shape the future of construction with Skanska
- Have excellent communications skills and attention to detail
What we offer:
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
- Professional networks and mentoring to ensure success
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development mentoring
- Opportunities to volunteer at least one day per year
- Competitive benefits package
The graduate programme provides a pathway to develop a complete skill set, developing both technical and interpersonal skills. The programme includes interesting courses and on-the-job learning.
As part of the graduate programme, teams will embark on digitalisation and social value projects. These projects provide exposure to graduates and senior colleagues in the company and build a strong professional network whilst improving the business.
Programme start date: September 2022
Application deadline: 31st December 2021