AETC Limited is a leading manufacturer of precision investment cast hot gas path turbine components, supplying OEM’s in the Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine sectors. AETC have built over 70 years of experience in the industry enabling us to support our customer’s requirements through all stages of component manufacture from raw materials through to engine ready components.
Since its acquisition by PCC Inc in 1996 AETC have benefited from continual investment to be able to offer the latest manufacturing techniques and technologies to meet our customer’s specifications.
With our extensive heritage, AETC has been able to build a strong team of extremely skilled workers. Both sites boast experienced employees with over 40 years’ experience - industry experts working alongside some of manufacturing’s future top talent. Our development pipeline is maintained through dedicated planning, reviews and investment in our employees' training.
When you join the team, the purpose of your job is to ensure investment casting processes are well defined and controlled to prevent scrap and rework. You'll be required to implement process changes to increase yields and profitability, improve safety and reduce process time where possible.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Identifying scrap causes, and implementing corrective and preventative actions Supporting new product introduction and capital investment projects
- Collaborating with automation engineers to remove variation and mitigate risks to the product
- Using a process control plan to monitor and react to key variables
- Using Six Sigma and PFMEA tools to drive continuous improvement
- Sharing ideas and best practices with peer group, based in other PCC facilities globally Working to improve core and subcontract wax quality
- Managing the technical audit regime, scoring and schedule on site plus completing weekly audits
- Identifying and implementing variable cost savings and 6S projects
- Issuing a plant scrap summary weekly
- Promoting safe working practices
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required by the Process Control Manager to help the Process Control Team succeed
- Degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science Engineering or other relevant Degree
- Computer Literate (specifically Excel)
- Experience with Robot programming Materials knowledge
- The successful candidate will be: A problem solver, have great attention to detail, be a team player, flexible, have great communication skills and be able to work off their own initiative.
- Quarterly Cash Bonus Scheme
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Instant Discounts on over 80 high street brands
- Cinema Discounts
- DC Pension Scheme
- Holiday Allowance: 25 days' + 8 bank holidays
Hours of work: Monday & Tuesday 7:30 - 4:30, Wednesday & Thursday 7:30 - 4:15, Friday 7:30 - 12
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)