Scope of COOP project:
Support the business by continuously striving for engineering excellence and improvements whilst maintaining compliance to regulatory and customer requirements whilst identifying and embracing improvements & change.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures (Cardinal rules for Safety and Quality, Code of Conduct)
- Compliance to customer product requirements and process controls (tooling control, new approvals)
- Compliance to company procedures and Technical requirements
- Develop new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Ensure manufacturing processes, procedures, engineering specs and workflows are adequate to define manufacturing requirements
- Provide support to shop floor to resolve queries or issues in achieving capable processes or supporting process improvements
- Raising concessions for non-conforming product
- Define and create planning amendments for rework operations
- Verification for new products and part rev changes via First Article Inspection reports
- Must be enrolled in an accredited residential college/university.
- Student must have successfully completed first year prior to co-op assignment.
- Student must be pursuing a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, hard sciences, (chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science).
- Will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how to approach problem solving and find solutions.
- Will be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with all levels.
- Must possess a positive “CAN DO ATTITUDE”.
- Must be able to adopt the Right to Left Thinking philosophy-Begin with the end in mind-what do you want the end result to be?
- Willing to work flexible hours which could include 12 hours shifts on occasion.
- Please advise if you have a preference on which site you would be located.