About the role
To carry out all test activities in support of new and existing projects as designated by the Test Supervisor in line with customer and company expectations.
- To efficiently and effectively perform the following primary activities in relation to the role of Electronics Test Engineer including:
- Product Acceptance Testing
- Fault finding to component level
- Root Cause Analysis of faults and identification of pattern trends
- Resolution of Faults
- Technical Report and Test Documentation generation
- Test Set design and commissioning
- Support all test related activities ensuring an efficient and smooth transition of engineering - Prototype to Production
- Verification testing of products due to changes eg. obsolescence.
- To support the Test Supervisor and ensure all assigned tasks are completed to agreed timelines,
- To promote good engineering practices and ensure those practices are always carried out to the highest
- To provide a high level of customer service and where appropriate to act as a customer liaison to other members of the team and other departments,
- To promote and develop good working relationships within the Technical Department and all internal and external customers,
- To support other departments with tasks as and when necessary,
- Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical.
- Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical – Power Electronics.
- A solid foundation in analogue principals and analogue design.
- An appreciation of EMC/EMI, how it is generated and how it is controlled.
- Some experience with schematic capture and PCB layout using CAD.
- Ability to simulate electronics circuits using a computer simulation tool.
- Ability to prioritise and determine your own workload based on high level objectives.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience, working with power electronics and/or analogue electronics – including placement experience.
- A good understanding of different switch mode topologies, how they work and the different benefits and limitations of each topology.
- An ability to programme and code Microcontrollers in C.
- An understanding of configuration control in designs.
- An ability to carry out Root Cause Analysis down to component level.
The company offers a friendly working atmosphere, competitive salaries with benefits including:
- Health Care Cash Plan (available after 1 year of service)
- Contributory Pension Scheme for eligible employees
- Employee Assistance Programme (available after 1 year of service)
- 24 days holiday (in addition to UK bank and public holidays)
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking
- Early finish on Fridays (1.00pm)