We believe in creating an environment where our interns really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer a number of internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 6 or 12 month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce – ‘take the best that exists and make it better’ permeates everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, while gaining practical insight into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As well as being surrounded by many fellow interns throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field.
The application process is as follows:
Please note that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us.
• Have detailed knowledge and experience in car manufacturing and engineering.
• Be able to show flexibility to support projects in various plants.
• Experience of structured problem solving techniques e.g. DMAIC.
• Basic knowledge of BMW Group.
• Experience of leadership skills in cross-functional teams.
• Have ability to escalate topics to an appropriate project members or circles.
• Degree in mechanical engineering or comparable qualification i.e. technician / production manager with supplementary.
• Knowledge of quality methods and standards.
• R-RMC product knowledge.
• CAD experience (CATIA, PRISMA).
• Excellent analysis and communication skills.
• Good IT/Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc).
• Show ability to work in cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, presentation and report writing.