Setting The Scene
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to join our new Graduate Development Programme. As a Graduate Trainee you will work 6 monthly rotations over a period of 2 years with an optional 3rd year as a specialist in your field.
Your responsibilities will include:
Shadowing various staff members, participating in learning experiences, attending meetings and workshops and travelling to other working environments to gain practical experience. You will be keeping accurate records of your time at the Company to be able to present your results and impact on the business at the end of each rotation.
To become part of the Graduate Trainee programme
You will be expected to attend a Graduate Recruitment Day at our Tiverton site in Devon, which will comprise of a competency based interview, personal presentation, behavioural assessments and team role play.
During this process, you should be willing to learn about all strategic aspects of the Company, have a ‘hands-on’, flexible approach to learning within a production / manufacturing environment as well as an office and laboratory. An outstanding Graduate Trainee should foster good relationships with all members of staff, leaving a lasting imprint to become part of the company’s talent pool.
Graduate Trainee Responsibilities:
- Gathering detailed information on the Company and participating in on-the-job training wherever possible
- Participating in meetings, workshops and team-building events
- Taking notes on experiences and keeping a log of all things learned
- Compiling reports and making presentations to other staff members
- Analysing existing systems and offering new ideas for improvement
- Bringing positive energy into the Company and forming lasting professional relationships with all levels of staff
- Conducting research and assisting the Managers and Directors wherever possible
- Completing fieldwork or visiting different customer/supplier locations as required
- Upholding the good name of the Company at all times
- Presenting to a Board of Managers and Directors at the end of the Graduate Development Programme.
Graduate Trainee Requirements:
- A Degree in a relevant field (STEM / Business Management)
- Previous work experience is not necessary but may be advantageous
- A valid driving licence or working towards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional research abilities and a willingness to grow
- A positive attitude and a growth mindset.
What you can expect from us
- Engaging work culture
- Environmentally conscious company
- Company profit share scheme
- Company contribution pension plan
- Personal learning and development
- Leadership development and mentoring programmes
- 34 days' holiday per year
- On-site car and cycle parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Health & dental plans
- Company sick pay and life assurance
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Discounts with participating local shops and businesses
- Contribute to high-profile textile projects
- Privately owned, debt-free company
- Personal mentor
- Competitive salary plus profit share scheme
- Contribute to our future success
- Year One - £28,082.58 [2023 – May 2024]
- Applicable Annual Profit Share Bonus (paid twice per year)
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)