Gender equality and STEM outreach:
- We are involved in the IP inclusive initiative – a network that brings together people from across the IP sector to promote and improve equality, diversity and inclusion within the IP community
- We host ‘Girls into Science’ days – fun, inspiring days aimed at exploring STEM and looking at female role models with 11-12 year old girls
- We run a STEM school outreach programme
- The IPO launched a Women’s Inclusive Network in 2018.
Looking more broadly than gender, the IPO have done a lot of work in the area of diversity and inclusion. We have won the following awards/achievements:
- Stonewall top 100 employer and top 10 in Government
- Winner of Stonewall’s Senior Champion of the Year award
- Top 10 employer for Working Families
- Business Disability Forum - Disability Confident Leader
- Silver rating for the Business in the Community race benchmark
- Higher than Public Sector average rating in Chwarae Teg’s Fairplay benchmark
- Achieved the ‘Large employer of the year’ award at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2017.
View our Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report here.