We invest heavily in our graduate development programme (GDP) as it is designed to help train the future leaders, both people and technical, of our business. We currently have over 800 graduates across numerous disciplines developing their technical and soft skills, and working towards their professional accreditation. You will learn from some of the most talented and renowned experts in their field, while bringing a fresh approach and further diversifying our workforce.
Professional accreditation is key to your development but also to AECOM as a business. We will provide you with all the support and tools required to achieve this as soon as possible, and in return we expect you to own your development to drive this forwards. Below we have listed the key components of our GDP:
- 2-day Induction – opportunity to learn more about the AECOM business globally, engage with some of our senior staff, and network with many of your fellow graduates from across the UK&I.
- Residential Training Events – over the course of the GDP, you will attend a number of residential training events covering key business knowledge and soft skills, including our financial, legal and commercial approaches, project management, negotiation, time management and presentation skills.
- Professional Qualification – all our graduates are supported towards a relevant and recognised professional qualification, including full financial and development support.
- Mentor – you will be provided with an experienced mentor who will support your professional development through regular reviews, identifying training and experience requirements, and sharing with you their knowledge and experiences.
- Technical Development – through on-the-job training within your team, including any appropriate software training required.
- Secondments – where appropriate to provide you with specific experience, or to support projects in the UK or internationally.
- CPD – Support towards your continued professional development ranging from attendance at conferences, to financial backing to entering professional awards and competitions.
- Opportunity to work on live client projects – from your very first day in your role.
- External Training Courses – where required.
- Multi-Disciplinary Exposure – due to the nature and diversity of our business, developing your understanding of other disciplines, developing your technical expertise further, and improving your ability to work with different types of people.
- Social Activities – we expect you to work hard so it’s imperative that you enjoy your work environment, so regular social events are organised within the graduate community including sports clubs, cinema nights, pub quizzes and charity events.