Responsible Business

At GSK, we’re guided by our purpose to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together. We deliver this purpose considering the social, environmental and governance impacts across everything we do, from the lab to the patient.

We've identified six areas of responsible business that matter most to us: access; global health and health security; environment; diversity, equity and inclusion; ethical standards and product governance.


Make our products available at value-based prices that are sustainable for our business and implement access strategies that increase the use of our medicines and vaccines to treat and protect underserved people.

Global Health & Health Security

We have a unique and important role to play in improving health for patients around the world and helping the world prepare for future health security challenges. Actions on these will support growth, build trust with our stakeholders, help us attract and retain outstanding people, reduce risk and enable delivery of positive social impact.

Hundreds of millions of people around the world live with unmet health needs. Using our science, our partnerships, and the knowledge we’ve gained from addressing the world’s biggest health challenges, we want to help change this.

We are using our scientific know-how and partnerships to help the world better prepare for future health challenges, such as disease outbreaks with pandemic potential and antimicrobial resistance (AMR).


To help get ahead of disease and deliver real human health impact we need to look broadly and deeply at the interconnections of climate, nature and health.

Scientific evidence is increasingly demonstrating how climate change and nature loss are impacting the world and human health. For example, human health is under threat from air pollution, diseases that pass from animals to humans and threats to water security. Climate and nature changes are testing the resiliency of healthcare systems.

As a global biopharma leader, addressing our environmental impact is fundamental to our purpose.

That’s why we have set ambitious climate and nature targets.

Net Zero Impact on Climate

  • 100% renewable electricity by 2025 (Scope 2)
  • 80% reduction in carbon emissions and investment in nature-based solutions for the remaining 20% of our footprint by 2030 (all scopes)
  • Net zero emissions across our full value chain by 2045 (all scopes)


Net Positive Impact on Nature


  • 100% of our sites to achieve good water stewardship by 2025 and reduce overall water use by 20% by 2030
  • Water neutral in operations and with key suppliers in water-stressed regions by 2030
  • Zero impact active pharmaceutical ingredient levels for all sites and key suppliers by 2030

Waste and Materials

  • Zero operational waste, including eliminating single use plastics by 2030
  • 25% environmental impact reduction for our products and packaging by 2030
  • 10% waste reduction from supply chain by 2030


  • Positive impact on biodiversity at all sites by 2030
  • 100% of agricultural, forestry and marine derived materials sustainably sourced and deforestation free by 2030

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

We’re working hard to become a more inclusive company in the way we do business, both through our clinical trials and the external companies we choose to work with. Internally, we want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive. We’ve made good progress – delivering new inclusion training on an annual basis including how to recognise and take action on discriminatory behaviours, launching a development programme for ethnically diverse employees, and reviewing our recruitment and selection processes.

Ethical Standards

Our culture guides our people to do the right thing and act on any concerns they have.

Find out more about Our Culture.

Product Governance

Ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products is critical to our purpose of uniting science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together.

Follow your favourite employers
Save jobs to your shortlist
Receive personalised alerts
Access our live webinars
Register now
On the move? Download The App
Gradcracker Logo
Gradcracker Limited, October House, Long Street, Easingwold, York, YO61 3HX
01347 823822 | | Company registration number: 6370348
© 2007 - 2024 Gradcracker Limited
Gradcracker and Cookies
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from Gradcracker.
Learn more