Perenco is a leading independent oil and gas company started by Hubert Perrodo. We operate in 14 countries across Central Africa, Latin America, South-East Asia as well as Europe.
Job Role Summary:
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be an integral part of our QSHE team covering a broad spectrum of QSHE activities to support our onshore and offshore operations.
The successful candidate, though based in the QSHE team, will also work closely with other departments such as Operations and Projects.
This is a full-time office-based role (Mon-Friday) with requirements to visit offshore as the business requires.
Training and Development:
The opportunities presented to you throughout your time at Perenco UK will provide you with responsibility and ownership of key QSHE issues, helping to streamline your development.
Your competencies and capabilities will be progressed to fulfil the requirements of your role, along with providing a sound base for professional registration.
Operations Safety - Assist the Operations Safety Team in:
- Leading or participating in site risk assessment processes including a broad range of topics such as overall risk review, safe manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and working at height
- Providing accurate current HSE advice and support for a range of operational activities
- Leading incident and accident investigation processes to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Liaising with Elected Safety Representatives at operational locations to provide awareness and training.
- Participating in a range of risk assessment processes such as workshops for hazard identification and risk mitigation
Environmental - Assist the Environmental Advisors in:
- Management of Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) and Chemical permits for offshore installations
- Creation and review of permit submissions to OPRED (Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment and Decommissioning)
- Delivery of key initiatives and milestones supporting ISO14001 certification
- Provide input into the development of environmental permits for projects
Technical & Process Safety - Assist the Technical Safety engineers in:
- Completing safety studies such as HAZID (Hazard Identification) and Bowtie assessments for safety and environmentally critical elements (SECE)
- Assist in carrying out consequence modelling using appropriate software
- Completing data collection for Safety Case Thorough Reviews and COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazard) assessments
- Shadowing safety engineers in review of Management of Change (MOC) proposals
- Supporting department Technical Authors in designing graphics and layouts for technical reports, writing, editing and publishing key safety documents
Human Factors - Assist the Occupational Health & Hygiene team to:
- Develop and implement occupational health and hygiene plans, programs and surveys for the operation relating to a wide range of topics including hazardous substances, noise and vibration management, personnel fatigue, ergonomics
- Develop, review and maintain occupational health standards, guidelines and procedures
- Work with catering contractors to ensure food hygiene standards are maintained across all operational sites
- Provide input to engineering teams to assist in the elimination of potential health hazards including chemical, biological, ergonomic or psychological-social factors during design, construction and
- commissioning phases
- Provide advice on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a broad range of activities and in line with the expectations of the hierarchy of controls
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering or Instrumentation
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)