You’ve worked hard for your degree, you have a bright future ahead of you. So what’s next?
Do you hold, or expect to gain, a minimum of a 2:1 Honours Degree in Engineering with one of the following core disciplines: Electronic, Telecoms, Systems, Software, IT and Computer Science or Control & Instrumentation?
The choices you make now will shape your future. So, if you’re passionate in pursuing a career exploring new technologies and markets, then you should join our Graduate Engineering Scheme. Choosing to join the telent Graduate scheme means you’ll be working within a leading technology company where your talent and ideas will be valued and supported.
From day one, you’ll apply your existing knowledge and skills working on real projects, whilst learning new skills along the way. Founded on recognised industry standards, our programme will be tailored to you. It will last a minimum of 2 years.
We’re investing in our future by investing in the careers of talented, ambitious individuals, just like you. We can offer opportunities that will challenge you, working with colleagues who will mentor and support you, so you’re the best you can be. You may not have heard of us, be we’d like to know more about you.
The technical bit:
- Our two-year programme is accredited by the IET and will accelerate your development and provide you with opportunities to gain practical experience and engineering knowledge across diverse businesses.
- You’ll work on a variety of projects, as part of the delivery team, in parallel with a mentoring programme which will guide you along an accreditation and professional development path, concentrating on core technical skills and competence. This will enable you to progress your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) towards membership of the Engineering Council and IET.
- Once pandemic restrictions change, you’ll be primarily office based with some site-based activity, possibly during unsociable hours such as nights or weekends. (You’ll need to satisfy the medical requirements for these site-based works
What are we are looking for?
- You’re a self-starter, focused on your performance and committed to achieving Chartered status via your development programme.
- You’ll have graduated after January 2019.
- You’ll hold, or expect to gain, a minimum of a 2:1 Honours Degree in Engineering with one of the following core disciplines: Electronic, Telecoms, Systems, IT and Computer Science or Control & Instrumentation.
- Other degree courses will be considered if they demonstrate an alignment to the disciplines listed above and you can show you have:
- a flair for solving complex technical issues
- excellent communications and interpersonal skills, combined with proven team working ability
- self-motivation and ability to work on your own initiative.
- You must have the right to work in the UK, as we are unable to sponsor work permits or visas for this role.
- You will be subject to a pre-employment security clearance and drug and alcohol screening
- Assessment centres will be taking place on the 10th and 18th of March in Warwickshire or remote, depending on circumstances.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary £27,000 and a welcome payment of £1,000
- Salary Progression with 6 month reviews with a potential for up to £2,000 increase at each 6 month stage
- An in-depth induction programme
- Personal pension scheme
- Days annual leave plus public holidays
- Career development mentoring
- Support for ongoing professional development
What is telent?
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube or dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
For over a decade, telent has worked behind the scenes to provide innovative technology and network services to many of the UK and Ireland’s largest, most essential service providers. From telecoms to defence; utilities to emergency services - when it matters most we deliver.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.