- Competitive starting salary.
- Generous Settling-in Payment.
- Flexible Benefits Fund – which employees can spend on Choice Benefits (see below), or take as cash.
- Profit Share – all employees share in the Firm’s success, with Profit Share payments twice per year.
Arup’s market-leading Flexible Benefits scheme is open to all permanent employees. Employees can use their Flexible Benefits Fund and basic salary to pick from a wide range of Choice Benefits, including:
- Discounted membership at gyms across the country.
- Cycle to Work scheme - employees can access a new bike and save money through tax breaks.
- Comprehensive and affordable Travel Insurance.
- Generous company pension scheme (Arup pays double employee contribution up to a maximum of 12%).
Arup pays for these benefits to support employees’ financial security and wellbeing:
- Private medical insurance.
- Life Assurance (4 x basic annual salary).
- Accident Insurance (5 x basic annual salary).
- Income Protection (two-thirds annual salary).
- All employees can access the ‘My Arup Discounts’ site, offering discounts at high street and online retailers.
- 25 Days' paid holiday plus Public Holidays. Employees can choose to buy or sell holidays through the Flexible Benefits Scheme for maximum flexibility.
- Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family members.
- ‘Know Your Numbers’ health checks across the UK.
- Eye tests reimbursed and flu vaccinations on-site.
- Education and Awareness events.
Learning and Development
Arup is highly committed to Continuous Professional Development for all its employees.
- A virtual Welcome Programme – ahead of joining you'll have the opportunity to learn more about our firm, what we are working on and more about our priorities, and to understand how you can make a difference to our clients. You’ll also meet some of your fellow Apprentices and Graduates, connect with your team and colleagues, and begin creating your Arup network. You will have a structured agenda for your first week where you will cover off the essentials of starting a new role including meeting your team, meeting Arup leadership and understanding what learning means at Arup
- An extensive programme of technical and non-technical courses designed to support all employees.
- Support to graduates to become professionally qualified, with several accredited training schemes.
- Reimbursement of two graduate subscriptions to professional bodies.
- Interest-free Travel Season Ticket Loan/Bicycle Loan, to help employees manage the costs of commuting.
- A new flexible working approach & hybrid working