We're looking for bright and committed graduates who will bring energy, new ideas and a fresh perspective to help us become the recognised leader and transform the construction and engineering industry.
The role of Graduate Whole-Life Carbon Engineer is vital in realising our mission and if we are to be 'first and fast' to capitalise on the opportunity to decarbonise the built environment we need to strengthen the capacity and capabilities within the sustainability team to drive forward whole life decarbonisation [embodied, operational and maintenance emissions].
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Support the Whole Life Carbon team in deploying the carbon measurement and reduction roadmaps for all project types and stages and across all disciplines; contribute to annual roadmap update
- Learn and operate carbon measurement software, both OneClick and eTool, becoming a ‘superuser' able to provide outputs for inclusion in bids, to validate values for contracts, to support projects directly and to upskill others
- Attain competency in preparing and reviewing carbon information, such as Environmental Product Declarations, to support factories and projects as necessary
- Assist in the collection, integration and interrogation of carbon data from all project stages, analysing and extracting lessons and value to further progress our decarbonisation journey
- Write-up, collate and manage best practice examples and case studies to support knowledge-transfer across sites and to provide collateral/inputs for work-winning
- Prepare training and communication materials, for both internal and external audiences, in coordination with the wider team and function
- Support internal knowledge groups on carbon measurement as well as contribute to staff training
- Work with internal stakeholders, supply-chain partners and design consultants to obtain / improve carbon information and build processes to automate data capture, sharing and audit
Preferred Degree Subjects
- Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS) or similar.
The Laing O'Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Our graduate programme is designed to embrace and develop your capabilities. Most importantly, you will be encouraged to continue learning throughout your career. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your personal development and the achievement of professional accreditation as a priority.
Our programme will give you the practical experience, technical learning and professional development while being part of the some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- A degree course with a clear route to professional accreditation
- Your degree classification should be 2:2 or higher
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident and Injury InsuranceIncome Protection
- Pension - basic & enhanced scheme
- Annual Leave
- Discounts Portal
- Online Doctor
- Voluntary Benefits
- Work-Life Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Car/Car Allowance (*Role dependant)
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We've signed the Gradcracker feedback pledge.
(This means that we will supply feedback if requested after an interview.)