What’s the opportunity?
We participate in a wide range of analytical studies that will help shape MBDA’s future products. Within our department there are three teams;
The Weapon Systems Concepts team identifies and defines potential future weapon system concepts, based on anticipated customer requirements and promising future technologies.
The Operational Analysis team is involved with quantitative and qualitative assessment of weapons system options in warfighting scenarios, developing the tactics for future weapons, and generating evidence to support high level decision making.
The Battle Modelling team develops and uses a suite of mathematical modelling and simulation tools, including an air combat flight simulator.
What will you be doing?
Problem solving is a key theme in Future Battlespace Solutions. Studies can range from weapon system level to scenario level and you will gain knowledge about a wide variety of analytical tasks for multiple projects throughout the placement such as;
- Developing, running and documenting models used to study and visualise the future battlespace.
- Collation of input data to be used in studies, and analysis of results/output data.
- Self-managed research tasks on specified topics.
- Preparation of presentations and reports for a wide range of studies, for delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Analysis of system capability for both MBDA and market products.
- Showcasing analysis capability to internal customers such as Sales & Business Development.
You will develop an understanding of weapon systems in operational use, gaining a broad understanding of missile systems and learning about our industry.
What are the benefits for you?
- Hands-on experience with the models and be able to participate in a range of training courses, including bi-monthly departmental training sessions.
- Work alongside experienced analysts and practice skills using a range of computer based models and tools.
- Develop your problem solving and analysis skills, as well as written and verbal communication.
- Work with concepts and technologies for products that will be used 15 years from now.
- Join a friendly and helpful team.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a degree in in Maths, Physics, Systems Engineering, Computational Studies or Similar.
- An enthusiastic problem solver who is eager to learn.
- Have a professional manner, a helpful attitude and be open to new ideas.
- Capable of clear, logical thinking, sometimes when both the problem and data are uncertain.
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid overtime.
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare.
- Sporting activities.
- Paid holiday.
- Fantastic site facilities.
- A share of the annual Company Bonus.
- On the job learning and development opportunities.