What’s the opportunity?
The Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain, & Procurement (ISP) organisation consists of an integrated team of over 300 employees, spread across 11 sites, managing over 3000 suppliers. MBDA has a spend profile of approximately €1.7 Billion per year across UK, France and Italy. Therefore, the need for skilled procurement and supply chain professionals is far greater than ever before, to enable the mission of 100% on time, on cost and on quality to be achieved.
What will you be doing?
Work will be in one of the following placement areas:
- Gain experience of contract management and different types of agreements with a wide range of monetary values. Learn and put into action negotiating and influencing skills and complete an individual project providing you with objectives and challenges. Working in either:
- Direct Procurement: procuring Mechanical or Electrical parts such as castings, machining, plastics, optics, cables, connectors and test equipment.
- or Indirect Procurement: procuring various services and items such as, facilities management, security, offload services, contingent workers, HR, travel, consulting services or information management (IM), software licences, networks and telecoms.
Supply Chain Management
Collaborate with a number of departments and work closely key internal stakeholders and suppliers. The Supply Chain Management team are responsible for the management and improvement of supplier performance through continuous risk assessment of the supply base, ensuring that risks are identified, captured and effectively mitigated.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Closely interact with suppliers and manage their relationship with MBDA which includes Risk Assessments of their capabilities (business, design, technical, manufacturing etc.) to support strategies and decision making.
- Find feasible solutions to real-world supply chain issues which are impacting internal key performance indicators.
- Support the development and management of Supplier Improvement Plans to increase supplier’s capabilities and improve their operational performance.
- Support the identification and securing of cost-savings without jeopardising on time and on cost delivery.
Throughout the placement you will be given interesting tasks to complete and encouraged to be creative and challenge our traditional ways of working by adopting a continuous improvement ethos.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement and supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- Travel may be required when meeting with suppliers or the multi-national team.
- Dependant on the work there may be the opportunity for international travel.
Who and What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a degree in any STEM subject.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills to successfully integrate within the existing team.
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid overtime.
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare.
- Sporting activities.
- Paid holiday.
- Fantastic site facilities.
- A share of the annual Company Bonus.
- On the job learning and development opportunities.