What do you enjoy most about working for Mace?
I enjoy the balance of managing the design and build of a construction project – working with architects provides good exposure to the design elements and managing the sub-contractors provides a good experience of engineering and construction.
What skills do you need to be good at your job?
- Good communication
- Strong leadership
- People and time management
What was your childhood ambition?
To design and lead the construction of a bridge in a major city
What has been your proudest achievement at Mace?
Coping with the transition from a design management role to a package management role early in the first year of the graduate programme and meeting the expectations
- London-centric major projects and opportunity to work in different sectors within construction.
- Mace also remains one of the leading construction management companies globally
What your role includes e.g., typical activities and key responsibilities
- Managing the design and build of the concrete cores at my project
- Carry out site quality inspections, ensuring all design information is released on time to meet the programme dates
- Lead design coordination and progress meetings
- Manage interfaces between multiple packages
What makes Mace a great place to work?
- Well organised graduate scheme with good training and exposure to real-life projects
- The opportunity to work with some of the industry-leading experts on major projects
What training you have received?
- Construction technical training
- Introduction to the consultancy and operate branches
- Leadership, assertiveness, better communication
The best and worst pieces of your job
- Satisfaction in seeing a design come to fruition on site
Most major construction projects are time critical – pressure to meet deadlines and maintain high quality work output
How their career has progressed at Mace
The first year progressed really well – fortunate to work on one of Mace’s biggest construction projects and looking forward to delivering the project in the second year