Our rivers team focuses on flood risk management and flood defence appraisal and design, river and Tidal Barrier engineering and river restoration schemes.
As a graduate working within the rivers team, you will be involved in:
- Feasibility studies to determine project viability and secure funding.
- Flood risk management and flood defence design.
- River engineering design.
- River restoration design.
- Preparation of consent applications.
- Preparation of materials for consultation with project stakeholders.
- Geospatial analysis.
- Developing design drawings using CAD.
- Undertaking calculations and other technical analysis in support of the team.
- Drafting technical reports to support planning and / or design of projects.
You can work towards chartered status with a professional body (including ICE or CIWEM) and will gain experience in:
- Industry leading software for flood modelling and mapping.
- UK methods for flood risk appraisal and hydrological analysis.
- Water resources management.
- Options appraisal.
Jacobs & CH2M - Hello, future
Jacobs and CH2M are one company! This changes everything about our industry.
- We expect our candidates to have graduated with or expecting to graduate with a with a minimum 2.1 bachelor’s in or related to civil engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Interested candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong focus in Water / River related subjects.
- Master’s degree is desirable but not essential.
Skills that we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Technical ability in relevant fields.
- Highly numerate with practical, problem solving and engineering abilities.
- CAD / Civils 3D and GIS capability would be desirable.
- Spreadsheet design and/or manipulation skills would be advantageous as would strong analytical skills.
- Confident using Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- High motivation to join Jacobs.
- Flexibility in their work schedule with a focus on project delivery to time and budget.
- Flexible and proactive team player, able to work with different project teams in the office and across offices.
- Keen to accept responsibility.