Although our business has evolved over the years, one constant is customers’ desire for lower prices, better selection, and convenient services. Today, Amazon shoppers can find what they’re looking for online and in person. From delivering fresh produce to their doorstep to creating and distributing movies, music, and more, we are always finding new ways to delight our customers.
- Amazon in the UK: We work every day to earn and keep customers’ trust. We do this through convenient services and the thousands of small and medium businesses which add significantly to our product selection.
- Amazon Fulfilment: Our Operations and award-winning Customer Service teams are at the heart of Amazon’s mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Together, we create, we build, and we take ownership for what we do—whether we’re developing new technology in-house, launching an Amazon fulfilment centre, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
- Devices and Services: From Alexa and Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more, customers are using devices and services to make their daily lives easier and more enjoyable.
- Amazon Web Services: AWS is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centres globally.
- Entertainment: We create and provide access to world-class entertainment through Amazon Originals, Prime Video, Audible, Twitch, Amazon Music, Amazon Studios and more for customers to enjoy.
We believe our mission is good for our customers because they benefit from continually improving selection, value and convenience in getting goods, services and entertainment, while businesses benefit from digital services to serve customers at scale and increase their productivity.
We have four core principles that guide us in delivering our mission:
- Customer obsession rather than competitor focus
- Nurturing a passion for invention
- A focus on long-term thinking
- Commitment to operational excellence.
Prioritising operational excellence is equivalent to prioritising the customer experience and is critical to ensuring we maintain the trust of and better serve all of our company stakeholders, from customers, to employees, partners and in addition to our core mission of improving the customer experience, we are also committed to giving back through our Amazon in the Community programme, which strives to help the next generation reach their full potential in the rapidly evolving digital society and economy.