The position provides support to manufacturing, co-ordinating remedial and improvement activities with the aim of achieving zero defects in all aspect of quality and delivery.
Martin-Baker | Engineering for life
An overview of our engineering expertise at Martin-Baker.
- Processing of quality notifications on emerging defect: co-ordinate activities to contain product and ensure rapid disposition along with the completion of corrective actions where necessary.
- Strategically aligning local teams and driving the completion of actions in order to reduce escapes from manufacturing as measured on Quality Scorecard metrics.
- Assist local team leaders and teams with CAR Response – Drive best practice of RCA and validate actions implemented as effective.
- Audit of Release documentation where particular risks identified
- Ongoing product audit of Drawings/Routings/ATPS : Raise ADRs, Change Requests as necessary.
- Raise internal Quality Alerts – Confirm understanding and acknowledgement from local staff
Preparation of Quality Work Instructions and Security Check documents to improve product inspection systems
- Assist in validation/audit of new inspection and production equipment considering documentation and staff training aspects.
Qualifications and skills
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Familiar and practiced use of root cause analysis tools and techniques.
- Practical understanding of common manufacturing quality control methods.
- Able to analyse current practises and plan longer term improvements
- Able to ensure the completion and validation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Attention to detail in preparation and publication of work for product or process incidents
- Able to communicate in a constructive manner with personnel at various levels within the organisation and with customer and supplier representatives
- Can work under pressure to balance competing job priorities to agreed deadlines
- Computer literate in standard word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Able to grasp technical issues quickly and lead and assist in problem solving activities
- Thorough questioning style
- A structured and methodical work style.
- Ability to positively influence team and individuals to successfully facilitate the resolution of quality concerns.
- Attention to Detail – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria
- Planning and organising - organises work of self and others
- Analysis and problem solving - sees basic relationships and reacts positively
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Initiative - acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.